Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Week 3, Thing #5

Going back to Flickr... I've took a few photos of the library before I left for the summer, and have posted them to my Flickr account, showing you this one. It's a poster I created of our circulation statistics and sources of funding over the past 7 years. When we have school board members visit our school, I bring them over to this poster to talk about the importance of funding and its impact on usage. I point out how usage increased dramatically beginning in 2000 with state funding, continued to increase during its 4 year run and then with money we started receiving from our PTA to replace it when it dried up. I tell them that no money translates into old books that no one wants or can use. You can follow the Flickr link to see the other photos of posters I posted which have to do with acquisitions and budget. I use all of these to encourage our PTA to continue funding our library.

2 comments:

Joan Tracy said...

That poster is a good graphic. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Yes, you could add words to go with the poster and put both in a library blog under "Do the Math."