Friday, July 20, 2007

Week 9, Thing #23

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Thanks so much for providing the tutorial. I learned so much and enjoyed it immensely. Below are my reflections.

My favorite discoveries:
1. Ways to promote books and have an interactive conversation about books through my library website with audio and video podcasts, blogging, LibraryThing.
2. Tools (Wikis, Zoho) to use to collaborate with staff in producing pathfinders and bibliographies that tie library and classroom resources to curricular topics.
3. Ways to efficiently and effectively access, file and organize information on the Internet in order to stay up-to-date with my professional development with news readers and Del.icio.us.

How has this assisted with my learning:
Hugely... introduced me to Library 2.0 and now I'm tapped into the conversation on the blogosphere to continue learning. I'm not always able to get to the conferences so this online tutorial was ideal.

Unexpected outcomes:
That I got so into the tutorial. Enjoyed it immensely, learned a lot.

If we offered another would you participate?
Yes!

Describe learning experience in one sentence:
It blew my mind.

3 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Congratulations! You have successfully completed the 23 Things and have joined the CSLA 2.0 Team. Your blog has moved to the "Congratulations - 2.0 Team" bloglines list.

Glad you enjoyed School Library Learning 2.0 -- it "blew our minds" too and that is why we offered it to our colleagues in CSLA. Invite your friends and colleagues to join the summer 2.0 fun, so you can cheer them on.

Best wishes.
- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

IrmaPince said...

Congratulations on completing the School Library Learning 2.0 tutorial. I loved the thank you card - what a nice touch. Please encourage others to take the tutorial and let them know that they can get credit through Fresno Pacific if they are in search of continuing ed. units.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing the course! I hope you continue to blog your great curriculum ideas.

I too love the card. Thank you too, for joining us in this 2.0 adventure!
Connie